Monday, October 24, 2011

IOS 5

IOS5 was released last October 12, 2011.  So on that day most of our computers at home were downloading the updates for the Iphone and Ipad. It took almost the whole day because the file size varies per gadget ranging between 700 to 800 mb. 

What's new with the IOS5?  What I love the most is the IMessage.  It's like the Blackberry messenger, but unlike the BBM the user doesn't depend on the phone.  IMessage uses your Apple ID or even your phone number if you are using the IPhone or the IPad + 3G. It can also detect if your message has been delivered and read (in the settings turn on send read receipt).  I also love the find your IPhone/IPad but only whose Apple ID is register on the phone is the one who can locate the phone, because you will need the password.

Other features is the new style of notification.  Unlike before that it will appear in the middle of your screen, now it appears on top of the screen.  If you don't read it you can pull it down from the top of the screen.  I thought the pull down was like the menu of the Samsung, where some of the settings are there, that's one let down for me.  Another feature is that you don't need to unlock the screen to take a picture.  Just double click the button and the camera button along with the music controls appears.  So no need to rush to unlock the screen. They also added a reminder app, which I have to try. Like the Ibook, there is now a newsstand where all the magazines apps can now be placed there if you are subscribe to any.  They added the Icloud where you have a 5GB of free storage and upgradable for a fee.  I like Icloud in the PC that I don't need to transfer all my apps one by one when I'm changing computers.  I also like it when my kids upload a new app on their gadgets, they automatically upload to my Ipad, but you can also remove this if you don't want so many apps on your gadgets.  Since almost all of us has an Apple gadgets, we don't jailbreak out gadgets anymore because we share the apps and the price becomes reasonable.  I also share them with my nieces and nephew so that I get most of what I paid for.

You can now also sync your gadgets through wi-fi.  But I still it wired because it takes a long time to sync it wirelessly.

The difference of the Iphone4 and the Iphone4S (aside from the very large price difference) now is the Siri, which is the voice command, it's not even offer yet here the Philippines (so what's the point of getting the 4gs?) because it would ask you for your location before you can activate Siri and the camera which is much sharper because it has a 8-megapixel resolution and a custom lens with a larger f/2.4 aperture and also has face detector and the video recorder has image stabilizer . Let us not forget the dual core processor,, which is important when you're playing games on your IPhone.   Also, if ever I'm going to get an Iphone4s it would be the 64g and not the 32 anymore.  If I get the 32g, what's the difference, I don't use the Iphone camera and I rarely text because most of my friends has the same cell service provider that I am subscribe to and they have unlimited call to the same cell service provider.

That's all I can say for now for the IOS5.  It's free anyway, so make the most out of it.  Take time to take advantage of it's new features.  

No comments:

Post a Comment